Monday, October 30, 2006

more macro

Justin, Heather, and I stayed after micro to keep working on this ridiculous assignment, anyways justin went and asked zimmerman about #2 using the math appendix to justify the investment function and zimmerman said that just taking the partial derivatives of i is not enough. Apparently we have to show this is a reasonable equation given the results from the appendix and keep in mind that the equation given is in log form and provides elasticities. Anyone have any ideas on what to do differently?

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger Troy said...

Question about this? If you take the partial derivatives of i, isnt that assuming that you have already found i? If so, how did you get i? I have been trying to get i by by taking dV/dI, where V is the "present value of profits for the firm" equation. So far I havent come up with anything that looks like i. Anyway I am a little behind on this assignment, so if what I said is nothing new then just ignore it.

 
At 11:07 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger Henry said...

Shit. Well I'll have to get back on what Beth was talking about. As far as Troy's question. I, and I think the others (if I'm wrong someone say so), have just been using the equation he gave us for i:

i = bla bla k + bla bla zt+1 - yadda yadda r

 

Post a Comment

<< Home